Our new book, Safety Under Construction, is now published and is available on Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, and by special order at any bookstore in 57 countries around the world. Order now through us if the Amazon links are not up yet (503) 723-7392.
Want more information? You can go to the following website to find more information and learn how to become involved: SafetyUnderConstruction.com. Below is a short blurb.Although there are bright spots, the prevailing safety condition within the construction industry is bleak because people continue to be injured or killed in the workplace. The attitudes and hidden mindsets that manifest this condition are: • Safety is seen to slow down and even interfere with production. • People believe that everything that can be done is being done. • Whew! We dodged a bullet that time; we know that can only work for so long. • People behave strangely; don’t think ahead; don’t always do the right thing. The fact of the matter is you can get to zero-harm if you approach the goal scientifically, systematically, using problem-solving skills, managing your contradictions, and persisting until you get what you want. This book offers new tools and introduces the behaviors and mindsets you need to solve the most confounded safety-related issues within your construction organization.
Links to White Papers
- A New Competitive Strategy for Consumer Electronics Industry Leaders C9730E62282.pdf
- A New Competitive Strategy for Insurance Industry Leaders C6774663DD1.pdf
Research Papers & Articles
- SVEC Journal Vol 2 _2010 -Journal Paper starts on page 38.
- How to cite this work: Burr S. and Hubenthal D. (2010), Structured Innovation & The Inventor’s Mindset, Silicon Valley Engineering Council Journal, v.2: 38-71. doi: January 2010
- An Innovator’s Point of View: Our Mindset Got Us Into This Mess, Changing It Can Get Us Out
- An Innovation Mindset: Who’s to Blame; Problems Are Not Necessarily the Problem
- Problem-Solving: Traditional vs Innovative, The Perils of an Over-Experienced Mindset
Innovation Scientific Blogs
Innovation Scientific Blogs is a group discussion to which multiple team-members contribute. We cover all aspects of innovation from strategy to execution in thought-provoking and insightful posts.
Podcasts & Avatars
Listen to Innovation Scientific experts discuss the latest innovation topics and best practices. Coming very soon.
We have our first webinar available online. This is a wake-up call to engineers to retain global competitiveness and relevancy. Please contact us for link information.